Baby EXPO
03.04.2018 --- 06.04.2018
International trade fair of children's goods

Contemporary state and development prospects for baby food industry of Ukraine

26.04.2018
10th panel conference on affordability, safety and competitiveness of baby food products was held within this year’s edition of BABY EXPO.

When discussing some pressing industry issues, the participants highlighted the following points:
Ukrainian baby food market is quite attractive due to its low competitive environment; it segments are represented by several trademarks.
In 2013–2017, there was a steady increase in overall production of baby foods.
Today we meet about 80 percent of domestic demand through domestic production and the remaining 20 percent through import.
However, some segments are still not covered by Ukrainian manufacturers, e.g. formulas for special medical purposes, canned meat and fish, cookies, macaroni and sauces. These niche segments occupied by famous foreign brands should be the next challenge for our manufacturers.
The conference outcomes are available here.

Follow us:

JOIN FAIR